- Google and Facebook
- Apple and Microsoft
- a theory of who we are
- alters the way we encounter ideas and information
three dynamics of the Filter Bubble
- you are alone in it
- you have no choice, except to enter the bubble
- we need Adderall because there’s so much going on
- distorting effect
- acts like a magnifying glass
- is the idea of the filter bubble helpful or harmful?
- is this isolating us?
- personalized filters promote narrow focus
- hyper focus promotes synthesis
The User is the Content
- crisis of print
- advertising revenue
- in the age of the mass media: editors do the filtering
- in the age of digital media: personalization does the filtering
- filter bubble: personalization, people become isolated
- Click-bait: sensationalism, for the aim of clickiness of an article
Are we paying closer attention to the dead squirrel in front of our home than a genocide?